Happy St. Patrick's Day

Today's Story Hour had several themes, the most obvious being Leprechauns and St. Patrick's day.  Since the parade was held yesterday...in the snow, many kids came out to hear stories and do some crafts at the Village Book Nook.

I began with the story of Patrick O'Donnel, who gets tricked by that wee little man leprechaun.
Then I read some books:

Too Many Leprechauns  by Stephen Krensky and Dan Andreasen

A Fine St. Patrick's Day by Susan Wojciechowski and Tom Curry

Then since the history of 8th Street to me is that of a place once lined with shoe stores, I ended with the all time kids favorite
Pete the Cat- I love my white shoes by James Dean and Eric Litwin

This concludes the Story Hour at the Village Book Nook.  The exhibit is to close next Saturday March 23rd, but there is talk of it extending thru April...
photo credit Ann Price




We Shall See...

Join me in two weeks at the Center for Book Arts Family Day in conjunction with the Exhibit "Brother can you Spare a Stack"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story Time at the Woodside Library

the most popular book